I almost got killed Skip to main content

I almost got killed

It happened years ago. It was the most scary experience ever. Don't ever think God isn't present, He always is and there is no one who would understand you better than HE does, remember He is the omnipresent.

I was just a young girl and seeking admission to the university, actually the university of Ibadan was my choice at the time. But I was offered another course instead. It wasn't one of my best days. I got to meet people that were suppose to be course mates, but thought of not being offered your choice course and having to wait an extra year wasn't the best feeling.

Instead of sitting home and doing nothing, I decided to pursue a pre-degree in Lasu ( Lagos state university). I didn't like the Idea of having to go to the university from my home daily. I was bored with staying home. Don't blame me though, I haven't left my parents since I was a child, I just wanted an experience of being Independent.

So, I got admitted into Lasu and started a predegree program in Computer Science, the experience wasn't bad as I envisaged and going home was fun, sometimes my friends and I would walk home , the university wasn't a  distance from home. 

One fateful day, there was scarcity of public transportation and you either request for a lift or walk home. 

My friends and I tried all we can but couldn't get any, the only option was to walk home, which we did. On our way home, we had to walk on a single file because it was a very busy road with a lot of motorists and since it was a little bit late that was the best thing to do.

While walking home, I heard footsteps behind me and the next thing I felt was a push to the right, my friends ran away. I felt a bit relax thinking this guys were just trying to protect us from armed robbers, because it was no news that a lot of robbery and mysterious killings occur there. Little did I know this guys were the culprits.


Guess what! I was alone with 2 armed guys in the midst of no where. Immediately I knew who they where, I was sweating bullets. They kept asking me for money and all of those stuff. I told them I don't have any and the other guy used a gun to hit me on the head. That was when I knew I was In the middle of life and death. My whole life was in front of me. My mind travelled and was thinking of options on how to save myself.

My greatest fear after death was rape. Then the holy spirit said to me "tell them you are a student and just coming from classes" and that was how those words came out of my mouth. And the whole atmosphere became peaceful instantly. 

The same aggressive guy apologised to me and told me he was sorry and he never knew I was a student from that university, and I can go home, I have never seen a thing like that before.
I wasn't sure I heard right. I kept looking backwards as I hurriedly moved forward and the rest was history. It could only be God. Today I am alive and well. Only God did it. Let your faith come alive because God is able.
Are you in a crossroad? Have you lost all hope? Let your faith come alive, God is with you and would not trade you for anything. He is always present. If you seek HIM, you will find HIM. If you ask HIM you will receive, if you knock He will open the door to receive. That which you think is impossible because you have tried all  options, is possible with God. Just Let HIM and you will be amazed of the transformation.

This is my testimony and I would never trade God's love for anything in the world.
If you are blessed by this. Please drop a comment and share your experience of God's goodness.


Be encouraged!
Linda ❤


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to cope in a Challenging situation

Hello everyone. I am aware it's been a minute here. I've been saddled with a lot of obligations, and juggling them all has proven challenging. Prioritising has been really difficult, but it's also crucial to strike a balance between work and personal life. I'm aware that having many obligations can sometimes make us feel completely overwhelmed, which is why I'll be sharing a few strategies that have helped me succeed in demanding circumstances.                               Identifying the Challenge Identifying the thing you refer to as the "challenge" is the initial coping strategy. Do you need to alter anything in your routine? Do you require a piece of equipment to make housework less stressful? Perhaps you need to prepare your meals for the upcoming week. Is it possible that you are becoming proficient in your current position and require a change of scenery?... Your ability to deal with or handle an issue improves as soon as you are able to define it.

My birthday Thanksgiving/ Thanksgiving Jar

 Hello friends, It's been a moment. Today is the 21st of May 2021, how amazing! Yesterday was so special to me, not only because several years ago on the 20th of May my joyful parents received a perfect gift from God but because looking back all I can see is the mighty hands of God. I got very heartwarming messages and I am eternally grateful for it. With our busy schedule taking out time to drop a message for me means I matter, and I truly appreciate you all. The previous year had its challenges but there is nothing as joyful as winning a war. I pray God shows up for you all amid the storm. I can't do without talking about the goodness of the mighty God. He is the reason I celebrated and was celebrated. All the glory belongs to him. To my immediate family My husband, Children, Mother, brothers, and sisters, you are the best thing after Jesus and I love you always. To my friends you all are special. I am grateful to have celebrated yesterday with you all. Every day of our lives

'Merry Christmas' or 'Lockdown Christmas'

While we are happy to be gradually free from the clutches of the Pandemic. Seems like some will be having a Lockdown Christmas.  If using a nose mask and obeying the directives of curbing the Pandemic is important, I do not understand why some still act like it doesn't matter. It's just a day to Christmas and while we will be going out, that's if your state permits to celebrate, let's don't forget we have to be responsible for our actions.  I feel like I experienced the Christmas celebration at its peak in childhood. The atmosphere doesn't feel the same. The earth is so polluted with evil and to this day I no longer want to hear the news because of the strange things that are been reported. Try and feed your thoughts with only positive things, things that are soul, body, and spirit-lifting. Don't stop being you and be around the people you care about and who care about you too. I pray that this season of Christmas brings you joy, laughter, and all the happin